Thursday, March 26, 2009

Intro

How It Started:

My buddy, Jesse, joined the Navy and is getting stationed in Athens, GA...and he was crazy enough to want his car there with him. So, he came up with the wacky idea of driving across America with his whole life packed into his Toyota Rav4. Well, Jesse and I have done smaller road trips in the past but not one that is this long and far! So he asked me, like he usually does, am I crazy enough to take off from my cave at work and hit the road? Yup! Didn't take too much convincing me because I'm usually the one down to do stuff like that but it took some timing, rescheduling with the Navy, and accruing for me at work to get to where we are today.

The Mission:

Leave Friday late afternoon, the 27th, from California and be in Georgia next Friday, on the 3rd, while hitting as much states as possible as well as see cool things along the way.

So if you haven't been on a road trip from the West Coast to the East Coast. Come along and any help you can Google for us or suggestions for things to do - TEXT ME! For all we know, we can end up in South America!

2 comments:

  1. First!

    Hey Krystal...

    Bring a GPS or use Miguel's Blackberry. Have fun...I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

    Love

    Uncle H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say hi to my cousins down there in the crazy backwards south - wave at all the good ol' boys in Talladega and Anniston AL if you're taking the I-20. See ya next week - be safe!

    ReplyDelete